Keeping your employees and property safe and secure is one of the top priorities of every business. All businesses are susceptible to theft and proper exterior security lighting can go a long way in deterring break-ins and vandalism.
Good Exterior Security Lighting Acts as Deterrent
You can protect your business and discourage would-be thieves by making sure your exterior lights provide adequate coverage and are operating properly.
Keeping the exterior of your business well-lit is an effective means of discouraging would be intruders. Having each entrance point, including windows and large vents, flooded with light will discourage all but the most highly motivated burglar and will force any intruder to work quickly.
Outdoor floodlights are an easy way to light up the dark areas around a commercial building. Floodlight fixtures with motion sensors turn lights on automatically when motion is detected, offering valuable safety and security lighting.
Exterior Security Lighting Tips
- Install dual flood lights with motion sensors on all sides of your business. They automatically come on when they detect any nearby movement.
- If you have landscape lighting, keep it on for the entire night from dusk to dawn.
- Provide illumination to those areas where intruders can hide from view. Use a battery-operated LED security light if there is no power source available.
All outside lights should be on timers or motion sensors. Incorporate a wide range of motion sensors with your exterior lighting. This will provide excellent building perimeter protection from 360 degrees to 110 degrees.
- It is best to use white or clear bulbs in your exterior lights. They produce a much brighter, cleaner light.
- With these lights being on for long periods of time, use LED lamps to reduce your energy costs and lower the time required to maintain the lights.
Security Lighting Maintenance
Make sure you have a proper maintenance routine to keep your security lights working at their best. Replace any burned out bulbs as quickly as you can.
More Information Available
Need more information on your choices for outdoor and security lighting? Need help maintaining your exterior lights? Culture Lighting can help. Just call us at 317-471-1129 or email us at [email protected].